The University of Southern California is committed to supporting and enhancing your educational experience at USC. In most cases, difficulties or complaints can be resolved within your academic program or through the school’s Dean’s Office. Should you experience difficulties you are unable to resolve in this way, USC has a University-wide process described in SCampus.
- General student grievance information see Part F, section 14 of SCampus
- Equal opportunity resources and policies see Part A, section 4 of SCampus
- Sexual, Interpersonal and Protected Class misconduct, see the USC Policy statement and resources
- Academic dispute policies see Part C, section 2 of SCampus
- Diversity and Equity questions are managed by the USC Title IX Office
You also have the option of filing a complaint through the program’s accreditor. A list of programmatic accreditors that review USC programs is available on the U.S. Department of Education’s College Navigator website.
If you have a problem with any USC online program that cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint about USC with your state of residence by referring to the US Department of Education State Contacts List.
An individual may also contact the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education for review of a complaint. The bureau may be contacted at:
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive
Sacramento, CA 95833
Telephone: (916) 431-6924
Fax: (916) 263-1897